About this book
In the consumer packaged goods industry, usually a large number of final items are produced in a highly automated flow line production system. Florian Seeanner presents a mathematical model which is an improved version of the General Lot-Sizing and Scheduling Problem for Multiple production Stages (GLSPMS) to tackle the problem of shifting bottlenecks. Especially, a new meta-heuristic is developed which combines the principles of Variable Neighborhood Decomposition Search (VNDS) and Exchange. This VNDS+E heuristic is able to find very good solutions for the improved GLSPMS, including a real-world problem case. Finally, further model extensions, e.g., for scarce setup resources, are proposed.
· Simultaneous Lot-Sizing and Scheduling for Flow Line Production Systems
· MIP Models and Heuristic Solution Procedures
· Practical Application
· Researchers and students in the field of production planning
· Executives in this area
Dr. Florian Seeanner wrote his dissertation under Prof. Dr. Herbert Meyr’s supervision at the Chair of Production and Supply Chain Management at the Technische Universität Darmstadt.
The series Produktion und Logistik is edited by Prof. Dr. Bernhard Fleischmann, Prof. Dr. Martin Grunow, Prof. Dr. Hans-Otto Günther, Prof. Dr. Stefan Helber, Prof. Dr. Karl Inderfurth, Prof. Dr. Herbert Kopfer, Prof. Dr. Herbert Meyr, Prof. Dr. Thomas S. Spengler, Prof. Dr. Hartmut Stadtler, Prof. Dr. Horst Tempelmeier und Prof. Dr. Gerhard Wäscher.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-02089-7
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-02088-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-02089-7
- About this book