Table of contents
Into the Topic
Reflection on Relevant Concepts: Towards a Way to Examine Politicians with Migration Backgrounds
Findings of the Empirical Data: A Level-by-Level Analysis of the Five Strategies of Management of the Marker “Migration Background” in Politics
About this book
The political participation of names such as Mowassat, Demirel, or Özdemir alongside conventional German names such as Schmidt, Maier, or Beck is already becoming a routine aspect in German politics. Recent political debates on introducing special quotas to motivate more political aspirants with migration background adds emphasis on the necessity to elaborate whether and how having a ‘migration background’ is negotiated in political practice. Devrimsel Nergiz investigates how German politicians with migration backgrounds negotiate and deploy the marker ‘migration background’ in their political practice.
· A Way to Examine Politicians with Migration Backgrounds
· A Level-by-Level Analysis of a Management of the Marker “Migration Background” in Political Practice
· Five Strategies Deployed in the Management of the Marker
· Researchers and students in the fields of sociology, political sociology, political sciences, cultural studies, ethnology
· Political parties, foundations with a special focus on migration, inclusion, political participation, diversity management
Dr. Devrimsel Deniz Nergiz completed her doctoral thesis at the Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology, Faculty of Sociology at Bielefeld University.