Table of contents
About this book
Conceptualized and put into practice by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Dr. Muhammad Yunus, social businesses work to address social ills such as poverty, lack of health care, gaps in education, and environmental challenges. This book explores the ideation, practice and evaluation of the concept of social business. Not just theoretical foundations, but several case studies of social businesses around the world, and state-of-the-art assessment of the issues that arise in the planning, marketing, and evaluation of social businesses, are featured in this book.
This cutting-edge collection of articles, presented by the California Institute for Social Business (CISB) in collaboration with Professor Yunus, is one of the first comprehensive collections of theory and research on the emerging field of social business. The diverse group of authors come from around the world and from various disciplinary backgrounds, representing the leading academic experts on social business phenomena.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-45275-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-45274-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-45275-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site