About this book
This monograph presents a radical rethinking of how elementary inferences should be made in statistics, implementing a comprehensive alternative to hypothesis testing in which the control of the probabilities of the errors is replaced by selecting the course of action (one of the available options) associated with the smallest expected loss.
Its strength is that the inferences are responsive to the elicited or declared consequences of the erroneous decisions, and so they can be closely tailored to the client’s perspective, priorities, value judgments and other prior information, together with the uncertainty about them.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-40433-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-40432-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-40433-7
- Series Print ISSN 2191-544X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5458
- Buy this book on publisher's site