Table of contents
About this book
This book outlines 11 courses and 15 research topics in bioinformatics, based on curriculums and talks in a graduate summer school on bioinformatics that was held in Tsinghua University. The courses include: Basics for Bioinformatics, Basic Statistics for Bioinformatics, Topics in Computational Genomics, Statistical Methods in Bioinformatics, Algorithms in Computational Biology, Multivariate Statistical Methods in Bioinformatics Research, Association Analysis for Human Diseases: Methods and Examples, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Methods with Case Examples, Applied Bioinformatics Tools, Foundations for the Study of Structure and Function of Proteins, Computational Systems Biology Approaches for Deciphering Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Advanced Topics in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. This book can serve as not only a primer for beginners in bioinformatics, but also a highly summarized yet systematic reference book for researchers in this field.
Rui Jiang and Xuegong Zhang are both professors at the Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, China. Professor Michael Q. Zhang works at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38951-1
- Copyright Information Tsinghua University Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-38950-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-38951-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site