Table of contents
About this book
Since the beginning of the 21st century, China has been experiencing a dramatically rapid economic development. What is the real life of Chinese people like under China’s steady GDP fast growth? How rich are the rich and how poor are the poor? This book provides first-hand data on standards of living in Chinese households, which may help to answer the above questions.
- The Survey and Research Center for China Household Finance conducted the first and only nationally representative survey on household finance in China in 2011.
- The China Household Finance Survey (CHFS) collected the micro-level information of Chinese households’ demographics, housing and financial assets, debt and credit constraints, income and expenditures, social welfare and insurance, intergenerational transfer payments, employment and payment habits.
- Readers will receive a vivid picture of wealth disparity, real estate market developments, social welfare status, household financial behaviors and other economic issues in today’s China.
The China Household Finance Survey has a guiding significance for a realistic strategy adjustment and is also a major breakthrough in the subject’s development at universities.
Li Daokui, Professor at Tsinghua University.
The China Household Finance Survey (CHFS) is an in-house interview survey with a large influence in China. The CHFS's sample includes both urban and rural households, which is very important to the study of the overall household finance of China. Hongbin Li, Economist, Professor of Tsinghua University.
Research Report of China Household Finance Survey•2012 bridges a major gap in the household finance field in China, and will have far-reaching academic and policy-making implications.
Liu Yuzhen, Professor at Peking University.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38151-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-38150-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-38151-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking