Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides an overview of United States federal and state law governing business organizations. The chapters take the reader through a step-by-step exposition of the most basic sole proprietorships to the most complex multi-tiered conglomerates. Among the business organizations treated are partnerships with their various modalities (general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships), corporations (including closely held corporations, public corporations and other variations) and limited liability companies.
The case law and statutes governing the full menu of business organizations are systematically analyzed and presented. Leading cases at both the federal and state level as well as model legislation such as the Uniform Partnership Act and enacted legislation are further examined.
Other topics covered include Agency and partnerships, Accounting, taxation and finance, Startup corporations and venture capital, Fiduciary duties and shareholder control, Mergers and acquisitions.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-37907-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-37906-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-37907-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors