Table of contents
About this book
Chemical additives are used to enhance the properties of many industrial products. Since their release into the environment is a potential risk for man and nature, their fate and behavior have been investigated in the framework of the European Union-funded project RISKCYCLE. The results are presented in two volumes, Global Risk-Based Management of Chemical Additives I: Production, Usage and Environmental Occurrence and Global Risk-Based Management of Chemical Additives II: Risk-Based Assessment and Management Strategies. This book is the second of the two volumes and features two main parts. In the first part, experts in the field discuss different models related to the assessment of the potential risks posed by chemical additives and analyze their benefits and drawbacks. In the second part, specific case studies in which the models have been applied are presented and the reliability of the models is evaluated.
This volume is an invaluable source of information for scientists and governmental agencies dealing with the risk assessment of chemicals on a global scale.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-34572-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-34571-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-34572-2
- Series Print ISSN 1867-979X
- Series Online ISSN 1616-864X
- About this book
- Industry Sectors