Table of contents
About this book
The PL-Grid was established to provide the Polish scientific community with a grid-based e-infrastructure, enabling the integration of experimental data and results of advanced computer simulations carried out by geographically distributed research teams.
The 26 papers presented in this state-of-the-art survey describe the experience and scientific results obtained by researchers involved in the PL-Grid project. Topics covered include: integration of grid middleware; service operations; security mechanisms; infrastructure monitoring, storage provisioning, and integration of service level agreements; and training and dissemination. In addition, five chapters focus on the application of the PL-Grid middleware and infrastructure to current scientific problems such as grain morphology analysis, chemistry computations, and molecular dynamics modes. The book is rounded off with a useful glossary of terms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28267-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-28266-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-28267-6
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book