Table of contents
About these proceedings
The volume includes a set of selected papers extended and revised from the 2011 International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Technology, held on London, UK, November 24-25, 2011.
Mechanical engineering technology is the application of physical principles and current technological developments to the creation of useful machinery and operation design. Technologies such as solid models may be used as the basis for finite element analysis (FEA) and / or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) of the design. Through the application of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), the models may also be used directly by software to create "instructions" for the manufacture of objects represented by the models, through computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining or other automated processes, without the need for intermediate drawings.
This volume covers the subject areas of mechanical engineering and technology, and also covers interdisciplinary subject areas of computers, communications, control and automation. We hope that researchers, graduate students and other interested readers benefit scientifically from the book and also find it stimulating in the process.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27334-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-27333-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-27334-6
- Series Print ISSN 1867-5662
- Series Online ISSN 1867-5670
- Buy this book on publisher's site