About this book
This book has focussed on different aspects of smart sensors and sensing technology, i.e. intelligent measurement, information processing, adaptability, recalibration, data fusion, validation, high reliability and integration of novel and high performance sensors in the areas of magnetic, ultrasonic, vision and image sensing, wireless sensors and network, microfluidic, tactile, gyro, flow, surface acoustic wave, humidity and ultra-wide band. While future interest in this field is ensured by the constant supply of emerging modalities, techniques and engineering solutions, as well as an increasing need from aging structures, many of the basic concepts and strategies have already matured and now offer opportunities to build upon.
The book has primarily been focussed for postgraduate and research students working on different aspects of design and developments of smart sensors and sensing technology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-17943-3
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-17942-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-17943-3
- Series Print ISSN 1876-1100
- Series Online ISSN 1876-1119
- About this book