About this book
The book is a collection of invited papers on Constructive methods for Neural networks. Most of the chapters are extended versions of works presented on the special session on constructive neural network algorithms of the 18th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN 2008) held September 3-6, 2008 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The book is devoted to constructive neural networks and other incremental learning algorithms that constitute an alternative to standard trial and error methods for searching adequate architectures. It is made of 15 articles which provide an overview of the most recent advances on the techniques being developed for constructive neural networks and their applications. It will be of interest to researchers in industry and academics and to post-graduate students interested in the latest advances and developments in the field of artificial neural networks.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04512-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-04511-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-04512-7
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site