About these proceedings
These are the proceedings of the conference on Magnetic Coupling between the Interior and the Atmosphere of the Sun held December 2-5, 2008, which was planned to coincide with the centenary of the discovery of the Evershed effect at Kodaikanal in 1909.
The aim of this meeting was to bring a critical focus to the comprehensive understanding of the important issues pertaining to solar magnetism, with particular emphasis on the various MHD processes that operate in the solar atmosphere. The participants reviewed the current status of magnetic field measurements and their implications with regard to recent theories and numerical models that address the fundamental scales and processes in the highly magnetized, turbulent plasma. The conference also provided a platform for in-depth discussions of new results from various space missions, as well as a comparison with ground-based observing facilities such as the Swedish 1-m Solar Telescope.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-02859-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-02858-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-02859-5
- Series Print ISSN 1570-6591
- Series Online ISSN 1570-6605
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences