About this book
The book series on manufacturing processes for engineers are the reference work for scientific and industrial experts. This volume on Grinding, Honing and Lapping starts from the basics of cutting edge engagement and describes the characteristics of abrasive tools and grinding fluids. Grinding of different materials (steel, cast iron, hard and brittle materials, nickel and titanium) is treated in depth. The parameters of different grinding procedures, references to process implementations as well as typical industrial applications are likewise specified. Besides honing and lapping, practical insights into polishing are provided and special abrasive processes like ultrasound assisted grinding are presented.
The book appears in the RWTHedition Series as well as the other 4 volumes of the reference work.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-92259-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-92258-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-92259-9
- Series Print ISSN 1865-0899
- Series Online ISSN 1865-0902
- Buy this book on publisher's site