Table of contents
About this book
Biomedical imaging is a fascinating research area to applied mathematicians. Challenging imaging problems arise and they often trigger the investigation of fundamental problems in various branches of mathematics.
This is the first book to highlight the most recent mathematical developments in emerging biomedical imaging techniques. The main focus is on emerging multi-physics and multi-scales imaging approaches. For such promising techniques, it provides the basic mathematical concepts and tools for image reconstruction. Further improvements in these exciting imaging techniques require continued research in the mathematical sciences, a field that has contributed greatly to biomedical imaging and will continue to do so.
The volume is suitable for a graduate-level course in applied mathematics and helps prepare the reader for a deeper understanding of research areas in biomedical imaging.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-79553-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-79552-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-79553-7
- Series Print ISSN 1154-483X
- About this book