About this book
This book explicitly investigates issues of astrobiological relevance in the context of cold aqueous planetary geochemistry.
At the core of the technical chapters is the FREZCHEM model, initially developed over many years by one of the authors to quantify aqueous electrolyte properties and chemical thermodynamics at subzero temperatures. FREZCHEM, of general relevance to biogeochemists and geochemical modelers, cold planetary scientists, physicochemists and chemical engineers, is subsequently applied to the exploration of biogeochemical applications to solar systems bodies in general, and to speculations about the limits for life in cold environments in particular.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-75679-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-75678-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-75679-8
- Series Print ISSN 1610-8957
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences