Table of contents
About this book
Combinatorial optimisation is a ubiquitous discipline whose usefulness spans vast applications domains. The intrinsic complexity of most combinatorial optimisation problems makes classical methods unaffordable in many cases. To acquire practical solutions to these problems requires the use of metaheuristic approaches that trade completeness for pragmatic effectiveness. Such approaches are able to provide optimal or quasi-optimal solutions to a plethora of difficult combinatorial optimisation problems.
The application of metaheuristics to combinatorial optimisation is an active field in which new theoretical developments, new algorithmic models, and new application areas are continuously emerging. This volume presents recent advances in the area of metaheuristic
combinatorial optimisation, with a special focus on evolutionary computation methods. Moreover, it addresses local search methods and hybrid approaches. In this sense, the book includes cutting-edge theoretical, methodological, algorithmic and applied developments in the field, from respected experts and with a sound perspective.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-70807-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-70806-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-70807-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book