About this book
This book presents different approaches in IP traffic theory and classifies them, especially towards applications in the Internet. It comprises the state of the art in this area, which is currently presented only by numerous research papers and overview articles.
The book provides an ideal starting point for detailed studies of traffic analysis in IP networks. It gives the reader the possibility to judge on different models and to select the appropriate for his individual needs in applications.
The mathematical toolbox for this is kept as low as low as possible – the authors build a bridge between abstract representation of mathematical tools and applications. This, in turn, is certainly the most interesting topic for experts planning large data networks as well as practitioners and researchers working in this area The book also serves as useful reference for lecturers and students at universities.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-70605-2
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-70603-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-70605-2
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Buy this book on publisher's site