About this book
In this book the author employs a cybernetic view of robot cognition and perception as he examines mobile robot simulations, realizations and experiments, and explains the related mathematical models and algorithms. Chapters are dedicated to map building, path planning, navigation using genetic algorithms, and robot programming packages. Then detailed chapters examine the programs required for robot parameter display, gripper control, sonar reading display, teleoperation, autonomous navigation, image capture and 3D perception.
This book will be useful for students and engineers building intelligent robots, and researchers migrating to this field. The required source code is included in the book or available online.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-68916-4
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-23446-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68916-4
- Series Print ISSN 1611-2482
- About this book