Table of contents
About this book
This book presents innovative techniques in Recognition and Classification of Astrophysical and Medical Images. The contents include:
- Introduction to pattern recognition and classification in astrophysical and medical images.
- Image standardization and enhancement.
- Region-based methods for pattern recognition in medical and astrophysical images.
- Advanced information processing using statistical methods.
- Feature recognition and classification using spectral method
The book is intended for astrophysicists, medical researches, engineers, research students and technically aware managers in the Universities, Astrophysical Observatories, Medical Research Centres working on the processing of large archives of astrophysical or medical digital images. This book can be used as a text book for students of Computing, Cybernetics, Applied Mathematics and Astrophysics.
While there are plenty of volumes tackling pattern recognition problems in finance, marketing, and the like, I commend the editors and the authors for their efforts to tackle the big questions in life, and their excellent contributions to this book.
Professor Kate Smith-Miles
Head, School of Engineering and Information Technology, Deakin University, Australia
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-47518-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-47511-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-47518-7
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book