About this book
It investigates two aspects of invariance of the Lagrangian: covariance of formulation following the method of Lovelock and Rund, and gauge invariance where the active diffeomorphism invariance is considered by using local Poincaré gauge theory according to the Utiyama method.
Further, it develops various extensions of strain gradient continuum elasticity, relativistic gravitation and electromagnetism when the torsion field of the Riemann-Cartan continuum is not equal to zero. Lastly, it derives heterogeneous wave propagation equations within twisted and curved manifolds and proposes a relation between electromagnetic potential and torsion tensor.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91782-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-91781-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-91782-5
- Series Print ISSN 1544-9998
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1846
- Buy this book on publisher's site