About this book
Among the topics covered:
· Mind, body, and spirit in chronic illness.
· The need for an integrative model to support comprehensive health-supportive change.
· Chronic disease from a functional medicine perspective.
· Mechanisms by which religious engagement and religion-based variables affect health.
· Complementary and integrative medicine for the Pathways Model.
· PLUS: Pathways approaches to chronic pain, caregiver stress, diabetes, mood disorders, PTSD, brain injury, heart disease, cancer, and more.
Emphasizing patient individuality and clinician creativity, Integrative Pathways models a compassionate approach to lessening persistent suffering for use by health psychologists, physicians, counselors, health coaches, and other practitioners involved in complementary and integrative medicine, pain medicine, and rehabilitation.
“The Pathway Model addresses what clinical researchers in the field have been calling for, a research-based approach to health and wellness that clearly explains important concepts and provides an optimal foundation from which to approach health interventions.”
Patrick R. Steffen, PhD, BCB, Brigham Young University
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89313-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89311-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89313-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals