About this book
This book covers newly developed and novel Steganography techniques and algorithms. The book outlines techniques to provide security to a variety of applications using Steganography, with the goal of both hindering an adversary from decoding a hidden message, and also preventing an adversary from suspecting the existence of covert communications. The book looks into applying these newly designed and improved algorithms to provide a new and efficient Steganographic system, called Characteristic Region-Based Image Steganography (CR-BIS). The algorithms combine both the robustness of the Speeded-Up Robust Features technique (SURF) and Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) to achieve characteristic region Steganography synchronization. The book also touches on how to avoid hiding data in the whole image by dynamically selecting characteristic regions for the process of embedding.
- Applies and discusses innovative techniques for hiding text in a digital image file or even using it as a key to the encryption;
- Provides a variety of methods to achieve characteristic region Steganography synchronization;
- Shows how Steganography improves upon cryptography by using obscurity features.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78597-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78535-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78597-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site