About this book
This book presents a comprehensive and unifying approach to analytical identification of material properties of biological materials. Focusing on depth-sensing indentation testing, pipette aspiration testing, and torsion of soft tissues, it discusses the following important aspects in detail: damping, adhesion, thickness effect, substrate effect, elastic inhomogeneity effect, and biphasic effect.
This book is intended for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, researchers in the area of biomechanics as well as for biomedical engineers interested in contact problems and involved in inverse materials parameters prediction analysis.
depth-sensing indentation pipette aspiration soft tissue articular cartilage asymptotic model material identification Biphasic effect JKR-type adhesive indentation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78533-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78532-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78533-2
- Series Print ISSN 1869-8433
- Series Online ISSN 1869-8441
- About this book