Table of contents
About this book
The book summarizes the current state of the solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) technology in power generation applications. It describes the single cells, SOFC stacks, micro-combined heat and power systems, large-scale stationary power generators and polygeneration units. The principles of modeling, simulation and controls of power systems with solid oxide fuel cells are presented and discussed. Authors provide theoretical background of the technology followed by the essential insights into the integrated power systems. Selected aspects of the design, construction and operation of power units in range from single kilowatts to hundreds of kilowatts are presented. Finally, the book reports the selected studies on prototype systems which have been constructed in Europe.
The book discusses the theoretical and practical aspects of operation of power generators with solid oxide fuel cells including fabrication of cells, design of stacks, system modeling, simulation of stationary and non-stationary operation of systems, fuel preparation and controls.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75602-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-75601-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-75602-8
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Series Online ISSN 1865-3537
- Buy this book on publisher's site