About this book
This book is primarily for pediatric and adult emergency room physicians, primary care providers, hospitalists, and nurses. It will also be useful for critical care specialists, cardiologists and trainees at all levels.
Cardiac Emergencies in Children describes the pathophysiology of a diverse group of congenital and acquired heart conditions and presents a therapeutic rationale for treating children presenting with these conditions under life-threatening conditions. The book discusses the effects of surgery on hemodynamics and how to manage these effects. Also described are the daily challenges faced by physicians, including identifying a child with heart disease, interpreting chest radiographs, ECGs, and laboratory findings, and beginning appropriate therapies.
Heart disease in children Cardiac Emergencies congenital heart disease Surgical cardiac interventions Cardiac pharmacology Acute Cardiac Care Pediatric dysrhythmias Pediatric cardiac imaging
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73754-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-73753-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-73754-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site