About this book
Whatever your mother tongue, you are likely to have encountered difficulties with most of the 50 vocabulary items in this book.
Each chapter contains:
- Examples of typical mistakes.
- Examples of correct usage.
- Rules / explanations.
- A short exercise where you can immediately practise what you have learned.
- Additional exercises (including false friends)
By completing the exercises in this book, you should be able to eliminate some of the most common vocabulary mistakes that non-native speakers of English tend to make.
Easy English! is a series of books to help you learn and revise your English with minimal effort. You can improve your English by
- reading texts in English that you might well normally read in your own language e.g. jokes, personality tests, lateral thinking games, wordsearches.
- doing short exercises to improve specific areas grammar and vocabulary, i.e. the areas that tend to lead to the most mistakes - the aim is just to focus on what you really need rather than overwhelming yourself with a mass of rules, many of which may have no practical daily value
Other books in the Easy English!series include:
Wordsearches: Widen Your Vocabulary in English
Test Your Personality: Have Fun and Learn Useful Phrases
Word games, Riddles and Logic Tests: Tax Your Brain and Boost Your English
Top 50 Grammar Mistakes: How to Avoid Them
Top 50 Vocabulary Mistakes: How to Avoid Them
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70981-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-70980-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-70981-9
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8617
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8625
- About this book