Table of contents
About this book
This book provides insights into the genetics and the latest advances in genomics research on the common bean, offering a timely overview of topics that are pertinent for future developments in legume genomics. The common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) is the most important grain legume crop for food consumption worldwide, as well as a model for legume research, and the availability of the genome sequence has completely changed the paradigm of the ongoing research on the species.
Key topics covered include the numerous genetic and genomic resources, available tools, the identified genes and quantitative trait locus (QTL) identified, and there is a particular emphasis on domestication. It is a valuable resource for students and researchers interested in the genetics and genomics of the common bean and legumes in general.
domestication gene annotation gene mapping plant breeding synteny whole-genome sequencing
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63526-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-63524-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-63526-2
- Series Print ISSN 2199-4781
- Series Online ISSN 2199-479X
- Buy this book on publisher's site