Table of contents
About this book
This book offers readers a comprehensive guide to the evolution of the database field from its earliest stages up to the present—and from classical relational database management systems to the current Big Data metaphor. In particular, it gathers the most significant research from the Italian database community that had relevant intersections with international projects. Big Data technology is currently dominating both the market and research.
The book provides readers with a broad overview of key research efforts in modelling, querying and analysing data, which, over the last few decades, have became massive and heterogeneous areas.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61893-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-61892-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-61893-7
- Series Print ISSN 2197-6503
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6511
- About this book