Table of contents
About this book
Insects are one of the most versatile groups of the animal kingdom. Due to their large population sizes and adaptability since long they attract researchers’ interest as efficient resource for agricultural and biotechnological purposes. Several economically important insects such as Silkworms, Honey Bee, Lac and Drosophila or Termites were established as invertebrate model organisms. Starting with the era of genetic engineering, a broad range of molecular and genetic tools have been developed to study the molecular biology of these insects in detail and thus opened up a new horizon for multidisciplinary research. Nowadays, insect derived products are widely used in biomedical and biotechnology industries.
The book targets researchers from both academia and industry, professors and graduate students working in molecular biology, biotechnology and entomology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61343-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-61342-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-61343-7
- About this book