About this book
First defining and elucidating the problems of stress plaguing the field, including burnout, substance abuse and suicide, the bulk of the book presents and discusses ways to combat and master the everyday stress of the "medical marriage," such as engaging mindfulness training, learning to forgive oneself and others, listening to your own body, utilizing time away from medicine, and performing simple acts of kindness and gratitude. Issues surrounding the inevitability of mistakes, the pursuit of perfectionism, happiness and success are then examined and reflected upon, as are stress management considerations from other cultures and literary sources.
Equal parts personal and practical, The Resilient Physician is a must-have for any clinician or medical professional seeking better understanding and outcomes when handling the constant demands of this high-stress - but ultimately rewarding - career.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61220-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-61218-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-61220-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site