About this book
This book details aluminum alloys with special focus on the aluminum silicon (Al‐Si) systems – that are the most abundant alloys second only to steel. The authors include a description of the manufacturing principles, thermodynamics, and other main characteristics of Al‐Si alloys. Principles of processing, testing, and in particular applications in the Automotive, Aeronautical and Aerospace fields are addressed.
- Discusses aluminum silicon alloy selection, manufacturing, applications with particular attention to the issues of mechanical properties and soundness;
- Includes key technologies for aluminum silicon alloys such as casting, chemical and electromagnetic processing, casting, powder metallurgy, and applications for automotive, and aerospace use;
- Addresses both, hypo and hypereutectic, alloys and their applications in-depth.
Al-Si alloys Al-Si engine block Al-Si hypoeutectic alloys Al-Si hypereutectic alloys Powder metallurgy Electromagnetic Stirring Al-Si composites
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58380-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-58379-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-58380-8
- About this book