About this book
The second edition of this textbook provides a fully updated approach to fuzzy sets and systems that can model uncertainty — i.e., “type-2” fuzzy sets and systems. The author demonstrates how to overcome the limitations of classical fuzzy sets and systems, enabling a wide range of applications from time-series forecasting to knowledge mining to control. In this new edition, a bottom-up approach is presented that begins by introducing classical (type-1) fuzzy sets and systems, and then explains how they can be modified to handle uncertainty. The author covers fuzzy rule-based systems – from type-1 to interval type-2 to general type-2 – in one volume. For hands-on experience, the book provides information on accessing MatLab and Java software to complement the content. The book features a full suite of classroom material.
- Presents fully updated material on new breakthroughs in human-inspired rule-based techniques for handling real-world uncertainties;
- Allows those already familiar with type-1 fuzzy sets and systems to rapidly come up to speed to type-2 fuzzy sets and systems;
- Features complete classroom material including end-of-chapter exercises, a solutions manual, and three case studies -- forecasting of time series to knowledge mining from surveys and PID control.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51370-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51369-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51370-6
- About this book