About this book
This book describes how the creation of new digital services—through vertical and horizontal integration of data coming from sensors on top of existing legacy systems—that has already had a major impact on industry is now extending to healthcare. The book describes the fourth industrial revolution (i.e. Health 4.0), which is based on virtualization and service aggregation. It shows how sensors, embedded systems, and cyber-physical systems are fundamentally changing the way industrial processes work, their business models, and how we consume, while also affecting the health and care domains. Chapters describe the technology behind the shift of point of care to point of need and away from hospitals and institutions; how care will be delivered virtually outside hospitals; that services will be tailored to individuals rather than being designed as statistical averages; that data analytics will be used to help patients to manage their chronic conditions with help of smart devices; and that pharmaceuticals will be interactive to help prevent adverse reactions. The topics presented will have an impact on a variety of healthcare stakeholders in a continuously global and hyper-connected world.
· Presents explanations of emerging topics as they relate to e-health, such as Industry 4.0, Precision Medicine, Mobile Health, 5G, Big Data, and Cyber-physical systems;
· Provides overviews of technologies in addition to possible application scenarios and market conditions;
· Features comprehensive demographic and statistic coverage of Health 4.0 presented in a graphical manner.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47617-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47616-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47617-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site