Table of contents
About this book
This handbook addresses the current state and practice of school psychology with a focus on standards unique to Australia, including historical, legal, ethical, practical, and training factors. It provides a compilation of the most current research-based practices as well as guidelines for evidence-based assessment and intervention for common conditions (e.g., autism, depression, learning disabilities) and for delivering appropriate services to targeted student populations (e.g., LGBT, gifted, medical issues). Chapters discuss the application of national and international school psychology practices within the Australian educational and psychological structure. The handbook also examines the lack of formal resources specific to Australia’s culture and psychology systems, with its unique mix of metropolitan cities and the vast geographic landscape that spans regional and remote areas. It offers numerous case studies and innovative school mental health programs as well as recommendations for professional development and advocacy that are unique to Australian school psychology.
Topics featured in this Handbook include:
- Evidence-based assessment and intervention for dyscalculia and mathematical disabilities.
- Identification and management of adolescent risk-taking behaviors and addictions.
- Understanding and responding to crisis and trauma in the school setting.
- Prevention and intervention for bullying in schools.
- Class and school-wide approaches to addressing behavioral and academic needs.
- The role of school psychologists in the digital age.
- Practical advice for school psychologists facing complex ethical dilemmas.
The Handbook of Australian School Psychology is a must-have resource for researchers, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in child and school psychology, social work, and related fields that address mental health services for children and .test.adolescents.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45166-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-45164-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-45166-4
- About this book
- Industry Sectors