About this book
This book presents the SigniFYI Suite of conceptual and methodological tools, designed to uncover meanings inscribed in software, their origins, intent and consequences to identify and trace correlating patterns; from software design and development to software use and experience.
Based on the study of Semiotic Engineering, the book advances the e study of Human-Centered Computing (HCC), inviting professionals, researchers, teachers and students to reflect upon how subjective and cultural values manifest themselves through software models, programs and user interfaces.
The authors weave a mesh of technical, theoretical and philosophical considerations of what it means to build and use software, exploring what we (professionals and non-professionals) mean by the pieces of software we design and develop, as well as what pieces of software mean to end-users and others.
Explicitly dedicated to software designers, developers and users, Software Developers as Users is a provocative view of socio-technical communication in the digital age.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42831-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-42829-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-42831-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site