About this book
This textbook explains online computation in different settings, with particular emphasis on randomization and advice complexity. These settings are analyzed for various online problems such as the paging problem, the k-server problem, job shop scheduling, the knapsack problem, the bit guessing problem, and problems on graphs.
This book is appropriate for undergraduate and graduate students of computer science, assuming a basic knowledge in algorithmics and discrete mathematics. Also researchers will find this a valuable reference for the recent field of advice complexity.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42749-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-42747-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-42749-2
- Series Print ISSN 1862-4499
- About this book