About this book
The book provides a systemic view of the state-of-the-art of Digital Game Based Learning (DGBL) across the lifespan, from age-specific game design requirements to technological devices that could overcome child and older adult difficulties in the use of DGBL technologies. Other topics include cross-generational digital game-based learning, workplace gaming, exergaming, serious games to tackle societal challenges,and implications of DGBL across the lifespan for game designers.
In addition to the state-of-the-art methodologies provided for age-specific gamedesign, development, implementation and assessment, a significant portion of the book focuses on case studies where DGBL have been designed and implemented in every age groups and in cross-generational situations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-41797-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-41795-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-41797-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods