About this book
This book provides a step-by-step guide to integrating early childhood behavioral health care into primary care with hands-on advice for creating, implementing, and evaluating programs. It discusses the unique advantages of pediatric primary care as a setting for mental health services from birth into the early school years, particularly for addressing parent/child stress and trauma issues. Contributors illustrate in depth how bringing behavioral health into pediatric services can engender care that is replicable and sustainable, not only cost-effective but also clinically effective. Guidelines and case examples from frontline practitioners highlight typical challenges and workable recommendations.
Among the featured topics:
• The fit between early intervention programs and primary care.
• Staffing, workforce development, and funding issues.
• On-the-job teamwork concerns, from time constraints to continuity of care.
• Culturally competent care geared toward key child care issues.
• Intervening with parents of young children in the integrated pediatric setting.
Integrated Early Childhood Behavioral Health in Primary Care is an essential resource for clinicians/practitioners, graduate students, and researchers in child and school psychology, pediatrics, and social work.
Adverse childhood experiences Early childhood behavioral health programming Early childhood brain development Early childhood mental health Healthy Steps for Young Children Integrated pediatric behavioral health Intergenerational interventions Parent-child relationships Parental mental health and wellbeing Prevention and intervention in early childhood Preventive mental health care Primary care pediatrics Programming models Reimbursement models Social emotional and developmental problems Stress-related disease and cognitive impairment Toxic stress and early brain development Two-generation interventions Workforce training
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-31815-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-31813-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-31815-8
- About this book
- Industry Sectors