About this book
This volume reviews potential future therapies for heart failure, with a particular focus on ambulatory acute decompensated heart failure and the transitions from therapies in the acute setting to chronic management.
Although in the developed world the incidence of and mortality from coronary heart disease and stroke have been declining over the last 15 years, heart failure is increasing in incidence, prevalence and overall mortality, despite advances in the diagnosis and management of the condition.
Pharmacologic Trends of Heart Failure builds on the current understanding of pathophysiological mechanisms and insights gained from previous studies of therapeutic interventions. It is designed to establish the baseline level of knowledge that a cardiovascular professional needs to know on a day-to-day basis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30593-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30591-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30593-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site