Table of contents
About this book
The third edition of this book has been fully revised, reorganized and extended. It provides a clear, readable introduction to healthcare interoperability for the IT professional, student, clinician and healthcare manager. Interoperability between healthcare computer systems depends on the development, implementation and deployment of appropriate standards working together as a tightly specified language.
The five new chapters on Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR) and its implementation in Principles of Health Interoperability: SNOMED CT, HL7 and FHIR, Third Edition cover the most important new healthcare interoperability standard for a generation. FHIR combines the best features of HL7 v2, v3 and CDA, and leverages the latest web standards. In addition, the authors discuss the core principles of healthcare interoperability, SNOMED CT and clinical terminology, HL7 and interchange formats.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30370-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30368-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30370-3
- Series Print ISSN 2199-2517
- Series Online ISSN 2199-2525
- Buy this book on publisher's site