About this book
This book provides a single-source reference on the use of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) as interconnect material for horizontal, on-chip and 3D interconnects. The authors demonstrate the uses of bundles of CNTs, as innovative conducting material to fabricate interconnect through-silicon vias (TSVs), in order to improve the performance, reliability and integration of 3D integrated circuits (ICs). This book will be first to provide a coherent overview of exploiting carbon nanotubes for 3D interconnects covering aspects from processing, modeling, simulation, characterization and applications. Coverage also includes a thorough presentation of the application of CNTs as horizontal on-chip interconnects which can potentially revolutionize the nanoelectronics industry. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in the state-of-the-art on exploiting carbon nanotubes for interconnects for both 2D and 3D integrated circuits.
- Provides a single-source reference on carbon nanotubes for interconnect applications;
- Includes complete coverage of current Cu-based interconnect problems for both 2D and 3D interconnects;
- Covers topics from modeling, simulation, analysis, design and characterization, in order to provide a broad view of the application of carbon nanotubes for interconnects.
3D Integrated Circuits Carbon Nanotubes Carbon Nanotubes and Nanostructures Graphene Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects On-chip Interconnect TSVs for 3D Integrated Circuits
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29746-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-29744-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-29746-0
- About this book