About this book
Highlighting the important need for a strong ethical framework in our computer, information and engineering science education, this engaging textbook raises thought-provoking questions regarding our rapidly-evolving computing technologies and the ever-changing communication ecosystems with which they are associated.
Ethics in Computing offers a concise introduction to this interdisciplinary topic, distilled from the more expansive Ethical and Social Issues in the Information Age (currently in its fifth edition), yet retaining the same focus and flavor.
Topics and features:
- Introduces the philosophical framework and tools for understanding and analyzing computer ethics in personal, public, and professional spheres
- Describes the impact of computer technology on issues of security, privacy, and anonymity
- Examines intellectual property rights in the context of computing, including the risks and liabilities associated with software
- Discusses such key social issues in computing as the digital divide, employee monitoring in the workplace, and health risks
- Reviews the history of computer crimes, and the growing threat of cyberbullying
- Provides coverage of the new frontiers of ethics presented by artificial intelligence, virtualization technologies, virtual reality, and the Internet
- Considers the social, moral and ethical challenges arising from modern global social network ecosystems, and mobile telecommunication and computing technologies
- Includes learning objectives, discussion questions and exercises throughout the book
Incorporating the latest curricula requirements for undergraduate courses in computer science, this accessible textbook will serve as an invaluable source of insight for anyone interested in the ethical, social, legal, and security issues surrounding the use of modern computing devices and networks.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29106-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-29104-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-29106-2
- Series Print ISSN 1863-7310
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1781
- About this book
- Industry Sectors