About this book
This book contains a history of real and complex analysis in the nineteenth century, from the work of Lagrange and Fourier to the origins of set theory and the modern foundations of analysis. It studies the works of many contributors including Gauss, Cauchy, Riemann, and Weierstrass.
This book is unique owing to the treatment of real and complex analysis as overlapping, inter-related subjects, in keeping with how they were seen at the time. It is suitable as a course in the history of mathematics for students who have studied an introductory course in analysis, and will enrich any course in undergraduate real or complex analysis.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23715-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23714-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23715-2
- Series Print ISSN 1615-2085
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4144
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences