About this book
This important text/reference presents the latest research and developments in the field of mobile payment systems, covering issues of mobile device security, architectures and models for mobile payment systems, and transaction security in mobile payment systems.
Topics and features:
- Introduces the fundamental concepts in mobile payment systems, discussing the benefits and disadvantages of such systems, and the entities that underpin them
- Reviews the mobile devices and operating systems currently available on the market, describing how to identify and avoid security threats to such devices
- Examines the different models for mobile payments, presenting a classification based on their core features
- Presents a summary of the most commonly used cryptography schemes for secure communications
- Outlines the key challenges in mobile payment systems, covering security for ubiquitous mobile commerce and usability issues
- Highlights the opportunities offered by mobile cloud computing and vehicular ad hoc networks in the design and development of mobile payment systems
This authoritative work will serve as a valuable reference for students, researchers, designers, developers, and engineers with a strong interest in mobile commerce, and in mobile payment systems in particular.
Dr. Jesús Téllez is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela. Dr. Sherali Zeadally is an Associate Professor in the College of Communication and Information at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA. His other publications include the Springer titles Privacy in a Digital, Networked World, Next-Generation Wireless Technologies, and Unique Radio Innovation for the 21st Century.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23033-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23032-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23033-7
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8433
- Buy this book on publisher's site