About this book
This book is devoted to background material and recently developed mathematical methods in the study of infinite-dimensional dissipative systems. The theory of such systems is motivated by the long-term goal to establish rigorous mathematical models for turbulent and chaotic phenomena. The aim here is to offer general methods and abstract results pertaining to fundamental dynamical systems properties related to dissipative long-time behavior. The book systematically presents, develops and uses the quasi-stability method while substantially extending it by including for consideration new classes of models and PDE systems arising in Continuum Mechanics. The book can be used as a textbook in dissipative dynamics at the graduate level.
Igor Chueshov is a Professor of Mathematics at Karazin Kharkov National University in Kharkov, Ukraine.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22903-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-22902-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-22903-4
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- About this book
- Industry Sectors