About this book
This text provides a review of the current knowledge in both the mechanics of nourishing the critically ill and the metabolic and immunological roles nutrients play. In-depth chapters discuss disease related malnutrition as distinct from under-or-over nourishment and the impact of nourishment in either form of malnutrition. The appropriate timing and indications for nutrition support are provided, as well as advanced techniques for improving practice. A broad range of issues related to interdisciplinary practice are also addressed.
Useful for a wide variety of practitioners, including ICU doctors, hospitalists, and nutrition support physicians, Nutrition Support of the Critically Ill provides the scientific underpinnings and practical recommendations for practice.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21831-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21830-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21831-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site