About this book
This text provides both review and primary research articles for a broad audience of biologists, chemists, biochemists, pharmacologists, clinicians and nutrition experts, especially those interested in the biosynthesis, structure, function and/or bioactivity of plant natural products. Recurring themes include the evolution and ecology of specialized metabolites, the genetic and enzymatic mechanisms for their formation and metabolism, the systems biology study of their cell/tissue/organ context, the engineering of plant natural products, as well as various aspects of their application for human health.
In addition to analysis of current research, new developments in the techniques used to study plant natural products are presented and discussed, taking a detailed look at structure elucidation and quantification, “omic” (genomic/ proteomic/ transcriptomic/ metabolomics) profiling or for microscopic localization. In short, this series combines chapters from researchers that explain and discuss current topics in the most exciting new research in phytochemistry.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20397-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-20396-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-20397-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site