About this book
· The first-ever English edition of the seminal work in the Earth Building field
· Provides examples of sophisticated earth building projects and illustrates the diverse applications of earth as a building material
· Explains DIN 18945 – 47 standards for industrially-produced earth blocks and earth mortars
This book provides an insightful overview of the current state of earth building. The author approaches the subject from the perspective of the building material’s life cycle, featuring in-depth explanations of the cycle's individual steps: extraction and classification of construction soil; production of earth building materials and earthen structures; planning, construction and renovation of earth buildings; and demolition and recycling of earthen structures.
This unique resource provides examples of sophisticated earth building projects and illustrates the diverse applications of earth as a building material. Compared to conventional mineral building materials, earth possesses particularly positive ecological qualities such as its energy balance and recyclability. Architects, engineers, students, manufacturers and distributors of building materials, building contractors, building biologists, public authorities, and preservationists will benefit from this book’s ample coverage of restoring, optimizing and building with this material of the past, present and future.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19491-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-19490-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-19491-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site