About this book
This book highlights the underlying importance of post-stroke complications during recovery, allowing healthcare professionals managing stroke patients to understand their frequency and identify which patients are at risk of developing such complications. Complications are categorised into neurological and non-neurological, and the time-frame for these complications both in the short-term and long-term are discussed.
The common practices in managing post-stroke complications and the skills required in their prevention are described, as is the evidence base from clinical trials around their management. The book concludes with a discussion of new developments and research priorities for the future.
Management of Post-Stroke Complications is aimed at members of the multidisciplinary stroke team, stroke physicians, neurologists, general practitioners, stroke specialists in training, and medical students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17855-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-17854-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-17855-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site